Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

ACME Whistles

ACME Whistles
       
   
We have received a ACME Dog Whistle for Rocky.
     
      
     
Why using a Dog Whistle?
   
Whistles are very useful for dog training as whistles always have a consistent tone, compared to the human voice ("Rocky, come  here!") which varys depending on the emotion. Furthermore, the whistle tone is easily audible for dogs even with wind and other noises. Additionally, it is easy to positively train the dog to come near on the sound of the whistle. As every whistle has a fixed tone pitch, a whistle can be reordered without a problem without having to retrain the dog.
Thus, whistles are all around useful for dog training.
       
     
         
The ACME (Dog Whistle) Single Whistle


Description of the ACME Single Whistle: "The Single Whistle, made out of plastic, is regardless of weather conditions and in the standardised frequencies: 210.5, 211.5 and 210 (with trill) available.
Available colours are Black, Orange, Light-blue, Lemon, Purple and Yellow."
(Source: www.acmewhistles.de Translated by me)

I have a black ACME Single Whistle in the frequency 211.5 for Rocky.


Review: To my surprise Rocky responded immediately to the Dog Whistle and even though I have not taught him beforehand, he came running at the sound of the whistle. I am really astonished how well Rocky reacts to the Dog Whistle and I am busy training with him to ensure that he will always come when he hears the whistle. I think it won't take long at all and he will then always realiably come when I am whistling.
I think the Dog Whistle is great! It is easy to use and I found the training really simple and quick. As the whistle sound is always the same and not clouded by emotions (such as the human voice which is often clouded by emotions) the dog can always be reliably recalled with the Dog Whistle which I think is brilliant. I never thought about Dog Whistles before but now I wish I had thought about Dog Whistles a lot earlier as it makes the recall a lot easier.
So, overall it is a really great thing!
 
 
More information under: