Pages

Sunday 6 January 2013

Health Mutt Products

Health Mutt Products

We have received some Health Mutt products to test. Health Mutt is a  relatively new business and was founded in September 2012. Their Motto is "To help a dogs physical, mental and emotional wellbeing", which I find to be a very appealing motto.
The products we were able to test were; Cod Liver Oil, Evening Primerose Oil and Paw Wax.
  

 

Cod Liver Oil

Ingredients: 500mg Cod Liver Oil, soft cap shell (Gelatin)


Review: I have to honestly say that in the beginning, I was unsure about how to give them to Rocky as they look a lot like pills for humans. I then simply cut one open and gave it over the food which I think was the correct way. Thus, they are very handy and easy to store. After cutting them open they smell very fishy like cod liver oil.
 The cod liver oil is used as a supplement and promotes a glossy coat, healthy skin, strong bones and teeth, as well as flexible joints.
Rocky immediately ate the food with the Cod Liver Oil, so it didn't change the taste of the food. I think it's a great product and I think Rocky's coat got very glossy. I will keep using it for now, as I think  that it promotes a lot of good things.


 
Evening Primerose Oil

Ingredients: Evening Primerose Oil, Capsule Shell (Gelatin, Glycerine), Vitamine E (d-Alpha Tocopheryl prep.)


Review: The Evening Primerose oil has to be given over the food, just like the Cod Liver Oil. The Evening Primerose Oil is containing Gamma Linolenic Acid, called GLA for short. Low levels of GLA are linked to various allergic conditions such as skin disorders, arthritis, and infammatory infections, to name a few. Thus, the Evening Primerose Oil is said to for example improve skin conditions such as eczema, promotes coat growth and eases rheumatoid arthiris.
As Rocky doesn't have any allergic symptoms what so ever, I didn't try it just yet, but rather wanted to keep it in case he should suffer from any sort of allergic reaction or skin condition. I therefore can't say anything about it's effectiveness but I think it's worth a try if your dog suffers from any allergies or skin conditions.



Assorted Paw Wax

The assorted Paw Wax I reveived included Sore Salve Healing Balm, Paw Pal Wax Natural, Paw Pal Chamomile and Paw Paw Lavender.



 
Sore Salve Healing Balm

Ingredients: Calendula Oil, Evening Primerose Oil, Beeswax, Vitamin E Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Rosewood Oil, Sage Oil, Myrrh, Propolis.


Review: The Sore Salve Healing Balm is specifically designed for cuts, grazes, hotspots and itchy areas. It can be used all over the body, including the paws (if a dog licks/ and or nibbles his paws a lot). Thus, the balm helps the naturally healing of affected areas .It was very easy to use. It simply has to be rubbed between the fingers a little bit to warm it up and thus to soften it before rubbing on effected areas on the body or paws.
I think it's great and smells very pleasant.


Paw Pal Wax Natural

Ingredients: Bees Wax, Shea Butter, Almond Oil.


Review: It is the first time that I was trying Paw Wax and I was positively surprised. This Paw wax is the Natural variant. It consists of only 3 Ingredients, Bees Wax, Shea Butter and Almond Oil. It smells practically like nothing and is therefore very suitable for dogs who are sensitive to smells. The Paw wax is also great for cold winter days as they protect the paws from ice, snow, salt and grid.


Paw Pal Chamomile

Ingredients: Bees Wax, Almond Oil, Chamomile Essential Oil.


Review: The Paw Pal is same effective as the other paw wax, but smells like chamomile. This is my least favourite paw wax simply because I personally don't like the smell of chamomile. But this is only my personal taste and the effectivity is still very good.


Paw Pal Lavender

Ingredients: Bees Wax, Shea Butter, Almond Oil, Lavender Essential Oil.


Review: This paw wax is one of my favourite as I really like the smell of lavender. The effectivity is the same as for the other paw wax, however I preferred the lavender smell. I am very pleased with the paw wax.

 
More information under: www.healthmutt.co.uk